The Great Lakes Regional AGO Convention is offering full scholarships to young organists under the age of 30 as of the date of the convention which is June 30-July 3, 2019. You are invited to apply as soon as possible as the scholarships will be awarded with preference on a first come, first serve basis.
All answers to the questions must be submitted electronically (in a word document or a pdf) to email@example.com. Applications are due by March 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Preference will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
Scholarship include the following:
- Full conference registration
- Hotel room at the Amway Grand Plaza (4 nights)
- Banquet dinner on Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Box lunch on Tuesday, July 2, 2019
You are responsible for:
- Getting to Grand Rapids
- All other food costs while attending the conference
- Any other purchases you might want to make while at the conference
As part of the requirement of receiving a scholarship, you will be assigned a few specific things to help with. These requirements will be communicated within 1-2 months of the event, but may include items from the following list:
- Workshop greeter and assistant: you will help workshop presenters hand out handouts, figure out technology (or contact the correct person), and help guests find the correct workshop.
- Opening Service/Recital Greeter: you will greet people and hand out programs at the door to the opening service and recitals.
- Participate in a Master Class
- Post on social media for the conference
- Ticket Receiver or seller: you will sell tickets for events to non-registered guests and/or collect tickets that were bought for events.
- Bus representative: you will be assigned a bus, and when it is full, confirm with the coordinator, and then ride with the bus to the next location.
- “Shepherd”: you will help people find different locations within buildings
- Extra assistance: you may be assigned 1-2 people to help shuttle around/find elevators, etc., depending on need.